Featured KRK User Amadeus
Multi-platinum hip-hop and R&B Producer
In this day of "instant" computer-generated hits and cookie-cutter artists, producers with true musical ability are few and far between. Bronx-born producer and percussionist Antwan "Amadeus" Thompson understands what musicianship means to making songs that will stand the test of time. Amadeus works with some of the biggest names in hip-hop and R&B music, including 50 Cent, Diddy, Foxy Brown, Young Jeezy and 'Lil Wayne.
Amadeus uses many different KRK products from the vast line of KRK Studio Monitors to create his signature sound. "I bought KRK ROKIT 6 Studio Monitors and used them in my own personal recording studio for years," says Amadeus. "I have been using the ROKIT 8s for the last three or four years and I'm really happy with them. I also use the white VXT 4s, which make for great travel monitors because of their size."
Amadeus discovered his talent and passion for music in grade school, and began playing drums and piano at church (where he is active to this day) and in school bands. His first break came when he produced Foxy Brown's 2003 single "My Life (Cradle 2 The Grave)," the title track for the Cradle 2 The Grave soundtrack, giving Amadeus his first Gold award. The success of the soundtrack was followed quickly by Foxy Brown's street single "Get Off Me," which addressed her tumultuous relationship with rapper Eve. He has steadily built a reputation as one of the most in-demand urban producers in New York, earning Platinum and Gold status.
Most recently he worked with one of the biggest stars in pop music – Justin Bieber. Amadeus produced the track, "Christmas Eve," for Bieber's second studio album Under the Mistletoe. Amadeus got involved in the production through Chris Brown, who co-produced the track with Amadeus and Boogie Wizard. He credits KRK monitors with allowing him to achieve the sound he wanted to present to Brown for another possible collaboration.
"When laying down the track for "Christmas Eve," the ROKIT 8s provided me with everything I've come to expect from KRK: accuracy, honesty and clarity," he says. "From an artistic standpoint, they allowed me to create to the best of my ability, and I couldn't be happier with the end result."
Some of the other current artists Amadeus is working with are Trey Songz, Keyshia Cole and Judakiss.
"I must say the most challenging project I've had the opportunity to work on so far is Diddy's musical director for his group Dirty Money," says Amadeus. "He has been blessed to have traveled the world to see the many varieties of music, and there is so much global influence with that project."
Working in hip-hop and R&B, Amadeus finds bass is particularly important and the Rokits led themselves to this type of work. "Having a hip-hop background, I love the bass," says Amadeus. "I love hearing it bang! The ROKIT 8s give me that, but at the same time, they allow me to hear little intricate parts and make sure there are enough highs when I'm mixing."
As Amadeus grows in each of his ventures, he maintains a firm ideal for his talent. "Every day I try to venture into different genres of music, and I will not allow anyone to box me in to having one sound. Some producers are so distinct that when you hear the track, you know who produced it immediately. Not me! I want to trick you every time - you will have to read the credits to know I produced it, because it doesn't sound like the last song I did."
Throughout his successes, Amadeus continues to rely on KRK: "I always turn the monitors up to the max and they've never blown out on me. They're definitely reliable and give me total quality sound all around."
- Justin Bieber "Christmas Eve" Under the Mistletoe (Island Records)
- DJ Kayslay ft. Lil Cease & The Outlawz "Bury The Hatchet"
- Tyga ft. Chris Brown "Wonder Woman"
- Tiffany Mynon "I Know How To Love You.com"
- Tiffany Mynon ft. Fred The Godson "Dance The Night Away"
- DJ Webstar "Fly Like A Plane"
- Keith Murray and Canibus ft. Planet Asia "Rock Wit Us"
- Keith Murray and Canibus "We Blackout Too"
- The Game ft. K. Young "Lost"
- Keyshia Cole "Where Would We"
- Amadeus: (wwwplatinumboymusic.com) and (www.twitter.com/PRODUCERAMADEUS) and (www.youtube.com/amadeusmusic) and (www.myspace.com/produceramadeus)
- Fabri Fibra "Uguale", "Non Potete Capire", "Troppo Famoso"Controcultura (Universal Music Italy)
- Fabolous "I'm Raw" There Is No Competition Mixtape Album
- Young Jeezy featuring The Clipse "I'll In" Trap or Die 2 Mixtape Album
- T.I "Whether You Like It Or Not" F*ck A Mixtape
- Bow Wow "Anything You Can Do" (Sony Music)
- Paul Wall featuring Yung Joc & Gorilla Zoe "Fly" (Asylum/Swishahouse)
- Danity Kane "Welcome To The Dollhouse Intro" Welcome To The Dollhouse (Bad Boy Records)
- Donnie Klang "The Pain" Just A Rolling Stone (Bad Boy Records)
- Fabolous "What Should I Do" From Nothin to Somethin (Def Jam)
- Marques Houston "Excited" Veteran (Universal Records)
- Cheri Dennis "Waiting" In And Out of Love (Bad Boy Records)
- Lil Mo featuring Jim Jones "Sumtimes I Pt. 1" & "Sumtimes Pt. 2" Pain & Paper (Drakeweb Music Group/ Koch Records)
- Fabri Fibra "Tu Cosi Bella Non Ce L'Hai," "Andiamo A Sanremo" & "Cento Modi Per Morire" Bugiardo (Universal Music Italy Records)
- Jr. Writer "He's Moving" History in The Making (Koch Records)
- Jim Jones featuring Stack Bundles "Have A Happy Christmas" (Koch Records)
- DJ Kayslay featuring Busta Rhymes "Go Off" The Champions North Meets South (Koch Records)
- DJ Kayslay featuring Papoose, Remy Ma & Hell Rell "The Hardest Out" The Champions North Meets South (Koch Records)
- Fabolous featuring The Lox, Paul Cain & J Hood "The Hitmen" Loso's Way Rise to Power (Indie)
- Smilez & Southstar "Stop Handcuffin" (TC Records/Pure Records)
- Papoose "You Can't Murder Me" Street Single
- Foxy Brown "Get Off Me" (Eve Diss)- Street Single
- Lil Mo featuring Miri Ben-Ari "Yeah Yeah Yeah" (Cash Money Records/Universal Records)
- Jim Jones "My Diary" Harlem: Diary of A Summer (Koch Records)
- LaToya London "Non A Watcha Do" Love & Life (Peacon/Concord Records)
- 50 Cent "It Is What It Is" 2050 Before the Massacre (Indie)
- Hell Rell "Shoot To Kill" Streets Wanna Know (Indie)
- Hell Rell featuring Bezel "Gangstas & Murderers" Streets Wanna Know (Indie)
- Sphere of Influence "Done Did It" (Def Jam Japan Records)
- 54th Platoon "V.S.O.P" All of Nothin (Fubu Records)
- Cam'Ron featuring Juelz Santana & Un Casa "Take Em To Church Pt. 2" Purple Haze (Def Jam)
- Cam'Ron featuring Juelz Santana & Un Casa "Take Em To Church Pt. 1" Diplomatic Immunity (Koch Records)
- Talib Kweli "A Game" The Beautiful Struggle (Rawkus Records)
- JammX Kids "Keep U Dancin," "In The House," & "Shake Remix" Randy Jackson Presents JammX Kids Vol. 1 (Lightforce Ent.)
- Lil Mo "Brand Nu" Meet The Girl Next Door (Elektra Records)
- Foxy Brown "Cradle 2 The Grave (My Life)" Cradle 2 The Grave (Def Jam/Bloodline Records)